Decision Maker: Cabinet
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: No
Is subject to call in?: No
1. The exemption of ultra-low emission vehicles and emergency service
vehicles from the proposed A53 bus gate and to progress these exemptions
as part of the FBC, was supported.
2. Officers were directed to seek agreement from JAQU to fund screening
and/or modelling of the exemption of Low Emission Vehicles (as defined in this report) from the proposed A53 bus gate and if such works supports the exemption of low emission vehicles for this to be progressed as part of the FBC.
3. Officers were directed to review the current and future post covid vehicle patterns on A53
4. Ongoing lobbying by local MPs for both the early removal of the A53 Bus
gate restrictions and the funding of modelling for Low Emission Vehicle Exemptions (if not agreed by JAQU) was encouraged.
5. The stakeholder and public engagement on the proposals be progressed via
Publication date: 14/10/2021
Date of decision: 13/10/2021
Decided at meeting: 13/10/2021 - Cabinet