Decision Maker: Cabinet
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: No
Is subject to call in?: No
1. Notes the progress made on the project since the March 2021 Cabinet meeting in terms of scope, design and budget in consultation with the Kidsgrove Leisure Centre Community Group.
2. Notes that expenditure to date is £1.063m.
3. Notes that the Kidsgrove Town Deal funding allocation announced by MHCLG on the 3rd March including £2.45m towards the overall cost of the project has now been confirmed as guaranteed funding by MHCLG on 10.05.21.
4. Approves the overall capital cost of the project is £7.5m (which includes the works undertaken to date on site and the funding, including external funding sources, for the scheme is contained in section 8.1).
5. Approves the revenue support from the Council for the scheme for the first five years of the sport centre operation to the Community Group – Kidsgrove Sports Centre – is £480k worst case scenario.
6. That a further contract award is given to Willmott Dixon Construction Ltd for the amount of £6.437m to complete the works in readiness for opening in May 2022.
7. Authorises the Executive Director – Commercial Development and Economic Growth, in consultation with the Portfolio Holder, One Council, People and Partnerships to take such actions and enter such agreements as are reasonably necessary or prudent to ensure the refurbishment is complete and the centre operational by the target date.
Publication date: 09/06/2021
Date of decision: 09/06/2021
Decided at meeting: 09/06/2021 - Cabinet